Thursday, May 7, 2009

Travel Blogs

So here is another idea especially for the summer if you will be doing some traveling. Why not shoot while you're there? I actually did this when I studied abroad in Vietnam and it kept my shooting and editing skills up. A more amateur site for travel videos would be http://www.travelistic.com/place . You can kind of look at what is most watched and again, see what people like in the videos. Also this is just really helpful if you want to travel and see what there is to do and what the place is like. When I blogged for my trip to Vietnam, I actually used Blip.tv which I would recommend because they have a really nice interface on their player and its relatively easy to embed it into your own site.

So how will you get paid while you do this? Well there are some sites which I've looked at in the past where you can make a little extra cash while traveling and shooting. You have to have someone to speak and know the location as in whats good to eat, what places to stay or entertainments but that's what makes the trip more fun. You will be extremely immersed in culture. One example of this would be:

http://www.tripfilms.com/

You would go up to the tab Jobs and they will give a listing of places they need videos for and show what accommodations they will make for you. There are other sites that are similar to this one as well. Some are more international based while others are actually within the United States. Well hope this helps and happy traveling guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment