Monday, April 27, 2009

John Fiege

I have really enjoyed all of the speakers that we have had the opportunity to learn from this semester. Of the ones we herd from John Fiege and Bradley Beesley were definitely my favorite. The most inspiring speaker, however, was John Fiege. I thought it was very interesting that he wasn't even a film major in college. I also loved how he is kind of a rennaisance man. He directs, writes, produces, and edits. He has worked in many different forms such as feature docs, narratives, and shorts. John has worked on many films as a cinematographer and also has a camera rental business for the Red Camera. He is a great example of someone who has learned to adapt to the ever changing industry he is in.

I loved hearing the stories of his travels, since I want to one day be able to travel with a camera. His photography was great as well. We also got to see footage shot with the Red Camera which was amazing. Its good too know that they are becoming "more" affordable.

All in all I enjoyed all of our guests for the semester, and got too see first-hand that you can survive in this industry if you can find your niche.



clh

No comments:

Post a Comment