Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Most inspiring Speaker

I always enjoy live speakers in class because they give a different perspective to the normal flow of things and are usually inspiring.

My favorite speaker this semester was John Fiege. His down to earth perspective on the industry was great. I liked how he had used many formats over his career and experimented with those that were not the easiest to work with, as in Mississippi Chicken. His style was interesting, I also liked his photographs. I almost went photojournalism and appreciate the mastery of the still camera and well as the motion picture camera.

Of course what hit home with me was actually meeting someone who had worked with the RED and gave honest opinions of it. How it had an excellent picture, but with some baggage that might turn certain potential buyers off. In my course of work right now I may never work in the film industry, but rather the TV, commercial and technical sector and his examples of HDV and the RED got my mind working on what my future might include.

All in all he was inspiring and gave relevant opinions/suggestions about what to do as a student of motion images.

No comments:

Post a Comment